Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets
Forget going through drive thru and make these yummy chicken nuggets that the whole family will love.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Zip close gallon size bag
- 3 qt non-stick pot
- Mixing bowl
- 2 lbs chicken breast - boneless, skinless - cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 c pickle juice
- 1/2 c whole milk
- Panko Mixture
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c panko- or breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt- or to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp black pepper- or to taste
- 48oz canola oil- for frying - you can use peanut oil too
- Measure and prepare ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken marinade - put 1/2" chicken chunks in a gallon size zip close bag and add the pickle juice and milk. Take all the air out of the bag and seal. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, combine flour, panko, powdered sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients till combined well.
- After 30 minutes in fridge, drain marinade from zip close bag and discard. Bring chicken to room temperature for 20-30 minutes before breading.
- After 20-30 minutes, toss chicken pieces in the panko mixture and coat completely.
- Prepare plate with paper towel to drain chicken after being in the oil
- Place oil in pot and place on stovetop.
- Preheat to 349°F
- Carefully place chicken pieces in the oil. One by one. Do not put more than 5 pieces at a time because it will drop the oil temperature too much.
- Check chicken then slowly take each chicken out of the oil
- Check all chicken pieces are out of the oil.
- Place chicken on plate with paper towel.
- Keep frying the chicken till all chicken pieces are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!