Homemade Chocolate Pudding
An easy and yummy dessert!
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Large pan or Dutch oven
- 2/3 c sugar
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 c whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1/3 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp, approx bittersweet chocolate
- fresh whipped cream
- Add 2/3 c sugar , 4 Tbsp cornstarch , 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/8 tsp salt to pan
- Whisk in 3 c whole milk to pan, then add eggs yolks & whisk until combined.
- Bring to a boil over medium low heat, whisking frequently and scraping edges.
- Once mixture arrives at a full gentle boil, whisk for 2-3 minutes as the pudding thickens.
- Remove pan from heat
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, cubed , 1/3 c semisweet chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract to pan
- Stir until butter is melted & ingredients are fully blended.
- Chill for several hours until pudding reaches desired thickness.
- Top with fresh whipped cream & bittersweet chocolate shavings.
Easy and delicious dessert!
Tracy C, Cooksy Creator
So easy with a rich flavor!