Homemade No-Bake Granola Bars
Perfect after school snack and much healthier than the store-bought bars!
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Medium saucepan
- 9x9 inch pan
- Parchment paper
- Clips for parchment paper
- 1/4 c coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 c flax seed- milled or whole
- 1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tbsp Peanut Butter- optional
- 1/3 c dried fruit- and/or nuts, optional
- Line 9x9 pan with parchment paper (make sure you have some extra hanging off both sides)
- Prepare all ingredients and set aside
- Preheat to 201°F
- Add 1/4 c coconut oil or butter to pan
- Add 1/2 c honey to pan
- Stir ingredients to melt and combine
- Note: The oil and honey will start to bubble. When you see this happening, keep a close watch as it will soon take on an amber color. Be careful to not let it get too dark or else the mixture will turn into candy.
- Note: Once there is a nice rolling bubble, let it go for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then turn off your heat.
- Remove from heat
- Add in the oats, flax seed, and optional peanut butter. Stir together until combined.
- Pour the oat mixture into the 9x9 pan. Using the back of a spatula press down about 1/2 inch until mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and/or dried fruit over oat mixture.
- Place in fridge for an hour to cool.
- Remove pan from fridge after one hour. Pull entire granola out of pan by pulling on parchment paper. Place on counter.
- Cut width-wise into 1 inch sections. Then one long cut down the center of the pan. This will allow for 12 individual servings all equal size.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.