Easy Lo Mein Noodles
A quick and easy recipe to enjoy Asian-inspired flavors!
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Medium-sized bowl
- 7 oz lo mein noodles
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c yellow onion- diced
- 2 c snow peas- ends trimmed and halved
- 1 red bell pepper- cut in small strips
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger- minced
- 1 bunch green onions- sliced
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp parsley leaves- for garnish
- Trim ends of snow peas and chop in half
- Seed red pepper & chop into small strips
- Peel & thinly slice onions
- Prepare lo mein noodles with 1 Tbsp sea salt, cooking just barely to al dente. Drain water, then add noodles to medium sized bowl and toss with 1 tsp vegetable oil.
- Preheat to 405°F
- Add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil to pan
- Add 1 1/2 c yellow onion to pan
- Sauté and stir onions frequently.
- Add 2 c snow peas to pan
- Add 1 red bell pepper to pan
- Continue sautéing, stirring frequently.
- Note: Keep wok hot. Ingredients will drop surface temperature of the wok, but I kept mine at a setting that maintained a wok temp of 400 degrees.
- Note: Looking for a crisp tender consistency for the peas and peppers.
- Add 1 Tbsp minced garlic to pan
- Add 1 Tbsp fresh ginger to pan
- Add 1 bunch green onions to pan
- Sauté ingredients continuously
- Add prepared noodles to wok
- Add 1/3 c soy sauce to pan
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar to pan
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp hoisin sauce to pan
- Stir ingredients to fully coat noodles
- Divide into bowls and garnish with parsley leaves, if desired.