Bang Bang Shrimp
A family favorite! Change the spice level to your liking and be sure to cook a big batch.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- 6 qt non stick pot
- Paper towel
- Plates x 2
- Bowls x 3
- Cooling rack
- Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 c Mayonaise
- 1/4 c Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha- add more or less to taste
- 1 lb Shrimp- peeled and deveined
- Shrimp Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt- to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Shrimp Coating
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c panko
- canola oil- for frying
- In a bowl, add 1/4 c mayonaise, 1/4 c Thai sweet chili sauce and 2 tsp Sriracha. Combine well. Place in refrigerator till needed.
- Prepare shrimp, take the shell off and devein if needed. If frozen-defrost under cold water. Place shrimp on a plate with a papertowel and pat the shrimp dry with another papertowel.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, add 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.Set aside.
- In another bowl, add 1/2 flour, 1/2 c cornstarch and 1/2 c panko. Stir together.
- Coat the shrimp in the flour coating.
- Prepare a plate with 3 papertowels on it then place a cooling rack on it. This will help to keep the shrimp crispy. Set aside.
- Place pot on the stovetop, add 2" of oil to the pot.
- Preheat to 373°F
- Add six shrimp to the hot oil.
- Stir ingredients
- Remove shrimp from the oil.
- Place shrimp on the cooling rack lined with papertowels.
- Grab sauce from refrigerator. Coat the shrimp with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.