South Indian Masala Dosa (Savory Crepes)
Masala Dosa is a popularly loved South Indian food delicacy enjoyed by South Asians around the world. It is delicious and easy to cook.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Non Stick Pan
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Green Chillies
- As per taste Turmeric
- As per taste Salt
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cup Dosa batter premix
- Make the Masala Separately by cooking potatoes in Ghee, add cumin, turmeric, onions, green chillies in heated ghee, once it is cooked add tomatoes, when all of it is cooked add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Make the batter by adding 2 cups of batter premix, 1 cup curd and 1 cup water. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat to 307°F
- Spread the batter evenly on a heated pan and pour some Ghee around it.
- Let it cool for a while.
- Then add the Masala that was made separately on the partially cooked Dosa.
- The Dosa is cooked, turn in the corners to fold it and lift it off the pan.
- You can add some coconut chutney, garlic chutney and coriander chutney to the plate for more flavours, usually the dosa is eaten with sambhar and chutneys.
Laurie & Garret, Cooksy Creators