Homemade Hot Chocolate
Rich, chocolatey, & easily doubled for crowd
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot
- 8 c whole milk
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
- 2 c chocolate chips- can use a mix of semisweet & dark
- Add 8 c whole milk to pan
- Add 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream to pan
- Add 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk to pan
- Add 1 Tbsp pure vanilla to pan
- Add 2 c chocolate chips to pan
- Stir ingredients
- Note: Continue stirring occasionally, scraping bottom of pot to incorporate chocolate.
- Remove from heat. Hot chocolate is best served between 136 degrees and 150 degrees.
- Ladle into mugs & top with marshmallows or homemade cold foam.
- Add a drop or two of peppermint extract to make peppermint hot chocolate.