A super simple traditional Latkes.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- 10" skillet
- Baking sheet
- Cooking rack
- Large bowl
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb shredded potatoes- NOT frozen. Refrigerator shredded hash browns - found in the cold section of grocery store
- 3 eggs- cracked into a bowl and mixed
- 1/2 c panko- you can substitute all-purpose flour
- pepper- to taste
- salt- to taste
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- chives- chopped - optional garnish
- applesauce- optional
- sour cream- optional
- In large bowl combine together - shredded potatoes, eggs, panko, salt, pepper and baking powder
- Make 2-1/2" - 3" diameter (1/2" thick) circles with the potato mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat to 251°F
- Add 4 Tbsp canola oil to pan
- Place 4 latkes on the skillet.
- Flatten the latkes a little.
- Flip ingredients
- Remove from heat.
- Place latkes on cooking rack so that the oil drips and latkes remain crispy.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with applesauce and/or sour cream. Top with chives.
Turned out great. Perfectly crispy and tasty!