Savory Scrambled Eggs
Light, airy, and tasty breakfast addition.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Medium-size mixing bowl
- 8” nonstick skillet
- Rubber spatula
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp mayonnaise - do not use low-fat or fat free
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp bacon grease
- 1/4 tsp Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose Seasoning- can substitute season salt
- 1 tsp chives- chopped
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl
- Add 2 tsp mayonnaise , 1 tsp Dijon mustard, and 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese to bowl containing eggs but do not stir.
- Set bowl aside.
- Place skillet on burner and turn on heat.
- Add 2 tsp bacon grease to pan
- Swirl pan to coat with grease.
- Gently pour ingredients into pan.
- Pop egg yolks and gently fold egg mixture continuously, scraping sides of pan.
- Note: The key to light and airy eggs is GENTLY folding egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose Seasoning over egg mixture.
- Continue to gently fold egg mixture.
- Lift skillet from heat, about 6-12” and continue to fold egg mixture.
- Return skillet to heat, continuing to fold mixture.
- Continuously fold mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Bacon grease provides the best flavor for this recipe. But if not available, substitute 2 tsp unsalted butter and increase seasoning salt to 1/2 tsp.
- Top with chives.
- Can easily be doubled to feed more!
Tracy C, Cooksy Creator
Made these, they are SO yummy. Some of the best eggs I have had. Great flavor and very fluffy!