Savory Scrambled Eggs
Light, airy, and tasty breakfast addition.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Medium-size mixing bowl
- 8” nonstick skillet
- Rubber spatula
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp mayonnaise - do not use low-fat or fat free
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp bacon grease
- 1/4 tsp Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose Seasoning- can substitute season salt
- 1 tsp chives- chopped
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl
- Add 2 tsp mayonnaise , 1 tsp Dijon mustard, and 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese to bowl containing eggs but do not stir.
- Set bowl aside.
- Place skillet on burner and turn on heat.
- Add 2 tsp bacon grease to pan
- Swirl pan to coat with grease.
- Gently pour ingredients into pan.
- Pop egg yolks and gently fold egg mixture continuously, scraping sides of pan.
- Note: The key to light and airy eggs is GENTLY folding egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp Kinder’s Butcher’s All Purpose Seasoning over egg mixture.
- Continue to gently fold egg mixture.
- Lift skillet from heat, about 6-12” and continue to fold egg mixture.
- Return skillet to heat, continuing to fold mixture.
- Continuously fold mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Bacon grease provides the best flavor for this recipe. But if not available, substitute 2 tsp unsalted butter and increase seasoning salt to 1/2 tsp.
- Top with chives.
- Can easily be doubled to feed more!
Wow! the mayo makes the eggs so light. good stuff.
Tracy C, Cooksy Creator
Made these, they are SO yummy. Some of the best eggs I have had. Great flavor and very fluffy!