Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
Easy, quick and hearty. Great for an afternoon snack or lunch. Add a protein of choice and make it a meal.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- Large bowl
- oil- canola, avocado or olive oil
- flour tortilla- 8 inches - 10 count
- 2 c Mexican Cheddar Jack- shredded
- 1 can black beans- rinse and drain
- 1 can corn- 8.75 oz can. Drain corn.
- 1\4 c cilantro- minced fresh cilantro
- lime juice- lime juice squeezed from half a lime
- salt- to taste
- pepper- to taste
- 1 tsp Carne Asada Seasoning- you can substitute taco seasoning
- sour cream- optional - to taste
- salsa- optional
- Guacamole- optional - avacado will work too
- Bean and Corn mixture
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Drain canned corn.
- In a large bowl mix, combine bean & cheese mixture - cheese, black beans, corn, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper and carne asada seasoning. Set aside.
- Preheat to 228°F
- Add oil to pan
- Add flour tortilla to pan
- Note: Add bean and corn mixture to half of tortilla. About 2-3 spoon fulls.
- Note: Fold tortilla over
- Flip ingredients
- Note: Remove from heat
- Cut quesadilla in half.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
Love this one because they are so easy to whip up once you have the bean mixture!