Gives your pancakes a slightly chewy texture with out losing out on the classic flavors of a pancake.
See the recipe in the Cooksy Companion App
Don't have a cooksy yet? You need one to follow this recipe.
- 10" non-stick skillet
- 1\2 c flour- all-purpose
- 1\2 c mochiko flour- found in Asian aisle in grocery store
- 1\4 c sugar- granulated
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1\4 tsp salt
- 1 1\4 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 T butter- melted
- 1 1\2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients - flour, mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl combine milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk untill well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk together.
- If you prefer thinner pancakes add a little more milk to mixture.
- Rest mixture in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat to 284°F
- Add 1/2 c mochi pancake batter to the skillet
- Flip ingredients
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruits.